Tuesday, April 12, 2016

An Awesome Moment

As an administrator, I try to walk through all of the classes in the grade level for which I'm responsible at least once every day. Today, as I walked through Mr. Ford's math class, I asked a student to explain to me what the class was studying, "Mean, Median, and Mode," the student responded. I looked at the student's paper, and asked a few questions about how he was determining mode. He started to explain it. Kohen, another student at the table, jumped in to help. Kohen, very excitedly, explained the process for determining mode. The other student thanked Kohen for his help.

After school, I saw Kohen in the office. I exclaimed, "Kohen, you were a rockstar in math today!" Kohen replied, "I know! My brain felt like it went to the gym!"

I love to see students' excitement and growth on a daily basis here at Midvale Middle School. It is my honor to serve as their assistant principal. Kohen, and the rest of our Midvale Family, make me love my job!

Karen Moore
Assistant Principal

No comments:

Post a Comment