Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My MMS Experience

Hi, My name is Jon.  I'm an 8th grade student at Midvale Middle School. My Midvale Middle experience has been great. It wasn't always so great for me.  Throughout sixth and seventh grade, I was not the best I could be.  I would get kicked out of class, talk back to teachers, always have ISS, not be allowed to walk in the halls during passing period, and my dad was being called down to my school endlessly. My SRI score (reading comprehension)went from a 647 (mid-fourth grade) to a 1,058 (mid-tenth grade) in just 8th grade. I changed my attitude by wanting do better because I always knew I could do better. I just had to find it in myself to actually do it. I'm now an eighth grader,  and am considered a mentor in my school. I now help sixth graders that were going through and are going through the same struggles as I was in sixth and seven grade. I've been a Midvale student my whole life, and not even once have I ever wanted to move to a different school. Midvale just feels like home to me. I could never abandon my home. Yes, Midvale might not be the biggest, fanciest, or best school, but we have one thing that no other school can compete with, we have family, hard workers, and the will to keep fighting until we do better. GO Midvale!
Jon
8th Grade

1 comment:

  1. Jon,
    You are one of the reasons the teachers at Midvale want to be here!
    Way to go for finding your way!

    ReplyDelete