Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Meet Evelyn!



My name is Evelyn Leal, I am from Monterrey, Mexico. I have been living in Utah since 2000 and working at Midvale Middle since August 2012. Working at Midvale Middle is a great experience. What I love and enjoy about working at Midvale Middle is the cultural diversity, we have students with a variety of cultural background such as, Indian, American Indian, Asian, Hispanic, European, etc. This variety gives the school the opportunity to share and learn about different traditions from around the world. I enjoy working with kids because they give us the opportunity to learn and teach them at the same time. The school environment could be challenging sometimes for students and adults, but learning about personalities and how to address problems help us to improve the solutions.
I mainly work with Hispanic families providing them with school resources, communication between teachers, staff, and administrators, and general help that families request to get more involved with their students at school.
I recently had the fantastic opportunity to become a US citizen, that gave the experience to realize how important it is to be part of this fantastic nation and am happy to share my experience with my Midvale Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment